Sunday, January 22, 2012

How do you store your dirty cloth diapers?

With the recent addition to our family (a little girl born on Jan. 5th) I moved our change table and diapering stuff from my 21mos old daughter's room into my husband's and my room as the new baby will be staying in our room for several months.  Of course this gave me the excuse I needed to reorganize my change table and diapers stash (photos on that to come later).

When it comes to storing the dirty diapers, I use one of two options; either a Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry bag or a pail liner in a garbage can.  The garbage can that I use is a stainless steel one so that odours aren't absorbed into the lid as the pail liner is left open in the can.  It also has a step-on foot pedal to open the can.  I got it at Superstore for $20.  Inside I use several different pail liners including Rumparooz pail liner, Monkey Doodlez pail liner, Bummis Large wetbag.  The GroVia pail liner also fits into this can.  I find the can a perfect size to hold 2 days worth of diapers.  Alternatively, the Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry bag is a great option for people who want the versatility of a bag that is convenient for other uses (for example, this bag is great for taking swimwear and towels to the beach or pool. . .large enough for a family to use and the separate pocket for wet items and the separate pocket for dry items is handy).  Also, if you are short on space it has two handles that allow you to hang it from a door handle.  For this type of bag, the zipper closure is a "must have" in my opinion to keep odours in the bag.


With both types of bags that I use, the thing I like the best is that on wash day I simply dump the dirty diapers out of the bag and toss the bag into the wash.  No dirty diapers to touch, and no dirty pails to wash out.

What do you use to store your dirty cloth diapers?  There's a poll above this posting where you can share your method.  I'm curious to learn which is the most popular.





1 comment:

  1. hanging pail. Only way I can keep my toddler out of the pail is to hang it up where he can't reach it.

    ReplyDelete